#15 Becky’s Update from the Hospital

Tom was in surgery yesterday for just over 5 hours at Scripps Green Hospital in La Jolla, CA. His surgeon said the surgery went according to plan; they removed what was left of the tumor and most of his rectum, two lymph nodes and performed an ileostomy. We’ll have the results of whether or not the lymph nodes were cancerous in a week or so.

Tom’s doing really well this morning. The nurses got him up and walking last night, and he was able to sleep for a few hours. Today he starts on clear liquids and is encouraged to walk as much as possible. The doctors are really pleased with his progress. I am thrilled!

Thanks for your continued support. We can feel it!

6 Comments

1. Ev Jefferson on February 16, 2017 at 9:25 am

And I am thrilled for you and Tom – much love!!!!

2. Ray Denny on February 16, 2017 at 10:00 am

Becky AND Tom,

You’re have or will receive dozens and dozens of reminders concerning the strength and resilience both of you have, are and will exhibit. Thank you for the wonderful news.

I’m speechless. Just please maintain your strong will and determination to live well. I know you’ll succeed even beyond your dreams.

3. Heather Perilman on February 16, 2017 at 11:04 am

For all the support and courage you have given to everyone you know …. I can only imagine how much you are receiving back. I hope your heart is full Tom. Lots and lots of love.

4. Dan Smith on February 16, 2017 at 11:36 am

So glad to hear this. Love to you both from Patricia and me. And courage for the coming days.

5. Susan Kruger on February 17, 2017 at 11:18 am

We are so pleased to hear that the surgery went well. We prayed for you both during the surgery and continue to pray for a steady, comfortable recovery.

6. Vlad Vasak on February 17, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Becky and Tom,

I am very glad that Tom did well during the op and is on the road to recovery. I admire you both for your strength a courage during such a difficult time. You are both in our thoughts.