Need a Competent Independent Advisor for your Board?
As a Certified Independent Chair, I am well qualified to also serve as a member on your Advisory Board. If your organization needs someone with my unique perspective, let's determine if I can support you.
Let's explore whether my capabilities, experience and perspective are a fit for your purpose.
Need an advisory board member to support an existing advisory board? I can help. But my role on your Board must be fit for your purpose. Thus it is important to know what I bring to the table as an advisor.
I see joining your Advisory Board or project-related Board as far more than just attending the meetings. If I'm part of your Board, I'm fully committed to your success. My approach, my perspective, my experience and my Independent Chair certification provides you with multiple benefits.
You can read my story here. Below are bullets outlining factors that will determine if I might be a fit for your board.
- Associate and Senior Church Minister - first jobs out of college. This profession was not for me, but I sure learned a lot.
- Managing Partner of a 8 store menswear chain in Ontario, Canada
- Professional Speaker, Trainer & Facilitator on International Speaking circuit for almost 10 years
- Managing Partner, commercial records storage and information management services business
- Founder and CEO of WebVitality, a boutique web services and marketing agency for B2B Service companies
- Executive Coach & Advisor since 2003
- Major projects I've led in my career
- Facilitated and managed the merger of two international associations.
- Advised and consulted a large self-storage company on the implementation of a new business services division
- Author of Amazon best-seller, You Are The Logo. Published in 2007
- Producer & Host of two business television series. My second series, Adams & Company was distributed nationally on the Rogers Network across Canada
- Developed and delivered a corporate customer service program for a major retail shopping center corporation, nation-wide.
My Areas of Expertise
- CEO Leadership. Impact of CEO or senior leadership on culture, results and issues in the business.
- CEO in personal or professional crisis.
- Succession planning
- CEO, Entrepreneur or Owner branding and positioning
- Marketing & Web marketing
Company Size Focus That I Support
- $1.5M > $50M for formal advisory boards
- All sizes for AdHoc, Think Tank or Project Advisory Boards
- Deep, Personal Engagement - I'm particularly interested in an understanding of the leader and core leadership team. I want to understand how they think. This helps me understand the business, systems and processes, value propositions and offerings.
- Authentic & Real – I'm transparent about who and what I am. Comfortable and relaxed communication style.
- Independent - one of the most important factors for me in this role is the critical importance of me being independent. I'm not an investor. I'm not a consultant to your business.
- Challenging – expect to have your thinking or perspective challenged and ideas tested.
- Entrepreneurial – I have a bias towards working with action-oriented entrepreneurs. I have to believe in them and what they are doing. If it is not a Hell YES! for me, we're not going to be a good fit.
- I'm still in in the game. I own an active business, though it is not my primary focus.
- 20 years experience as an Executive Coach and Advisor to CEO's, founders, owners and executives of companies from startup through $200M.
- I've supported clients who are implementing or using the following operating systems. E-Myth, EOS, Scaling Up, OKR's, Balanced Scorecard, Great Game of Business and Lean Startup.
- Accompanied many clients over the years through the M&A process, either as the seller or the buyer. My focus in these cases is on the leadership, people and decision processes, not on the deal or financial aspects.
Fees for Services
- My rate for serving on your advisory board is $3500 per half day plus travel and accommodation expenses as required.